Subject: starting firefox2 never comes up on X
To: None <>
From: Ken Wellsch <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/2007 16:08:50
Can anyone educate me on what stupid thing I am

I last rebuilt my wife's system back at the end of
December.  I just moved her onto a new system, but
dump/restored her old system onto the new one.

When she tries to start firefox, it just sits there.
If I look using top, it it there, but the time used
slowly drops and then the box becomes idle.

I figured maybe something about the faster/newer
CPU etc so I rebuilt everything from -current.

No change.  It sits in a state called "parked" under
top and nothing ever comes up.

Other X applications come up as expected.

I have no trouble on my system (different hardware
and a few weeks old copy of -current) with firefox.

Anything obvious I've missed?

-- Ken Wellsch