Subject: Re: pam_radius seems to be completely broken in NetBSD-3.x, probably everywhere???
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/2007 15:23:20
On Jul 17,  6:06am, Brian Buhrow wrote:
} On Feb 24,  6:14pm, Adrian Portelli wrote:
} } Brian Buhrow wrote:
} } > 	Hello.  I am working on a project which uses various pam modules for
} } > various kinds of authentication.  In testing the pam_radius.so library, I
} } > notice that it's missing most of the entry points necessary for the main
} } > module to load it.  This state of affairs appears to have existed since the
} } > package was imported from FreeBSD.  Note that this doesn't prevent it from
} } > building, but it does prevent it from being loaded at run time by the pam
} } > dynamic loader.
} } > 	I think I know how to fix this, and I'll open a problem report when I
} } > have a working fix, but I wanted to write and ask if anyone has used the
} } > pam_radius module under NetBSD, and, if so, howyou made it work?
} }
} } I bumped into some issues with pam_radius a little while ago and
} } documented them here:
} }
} } http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=34223
} }
} } I ended up importing and using security/pam-radius instead which suits
} } my needs well.
}
} 	Yes, this is the problem I'm having.  The reason for the error is
} because the pam_radius.so module is missing a bunch of function entry
} points necessary to interface with the pam api.  My project precludes me
} from installing an additional third party package, so I'll fix the problem,
} or try to.  When I have a fix, I'll reply to this bug, and perhaps it will
} get fixed soon.

     Did either of you get anything recorded in authlog?  You might
have to set auth.debug in /etc/syslog.conf and/or add the debug flag to
pam_radius.so in /etc/pam,d/*.

}-- End of excerpt from Brian Buhrow