Subject: Re: changed wsvt25 termcap entry causes regression
To: NetBSD-current Users's Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2007 16:56:07
At Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:48:51 +0100,
Matthias Drochner wrote:

> woods@planix.com said:
> > So far as I can tell it is always necessary to initialize the tab
> > settings on wscons
>
> What's wrong with the default tab settings?

The last time I ran "ls" on a wscons screen without "stty oxtabs" (and
in a directory where it would make a difference), which was admittedly
some time ago and I've no idea what release it was, the columns were all
messed up.  My quick and dirty fix was just to use oxtabs and other than
that I rarely use wscons (outside of sysinst, that is :-)).

I'm about to fiddle on the console of a server running netbsd-4 later
today so I'll see if I can still reproduce the problem.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>       Secrets of the Weird <woods@weird.com>