Subject: Re: wm+makphy
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2007 12:41:58
Likewise, this fixes all problems I had with my i82573E on an intel
D945GTP motherboard.  Not only does media autosense work, but now
full-duplex works with my cable modem without a hideous slowing of
traffic:  Previously, i would get up to 2MiB/s with half-duplex and
only up to maybe 100KiB/s with full-duplex.  Now, full-duplex is
somewhat faster, as it should be.  Many thanks for this fix, as now I
can plug my machine into different devices without trying 2^6
combinations of flags. ;)

I am curious as to why I had this problem with full-duplex mode,
despite setting it manually.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11