Subject: Re: i386 -current on Supermicro X7DAE
To: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2007 06:53:51
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> On 22/02/07, John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com> wrote:

>> According to your Xfree86 log:
>>
>> "Unknown NVIDIA chip found"
>>
>> What video card are you using?
>
> It's a Quadro FX560.

My eVGA 7950 board doesn't work with xorg and the errors say

dlopen: /usr/pkg/xorg/lib/modules/libfb.so: Cannot write-enable text segment: Permission denied

It's pr 35546.

xfree86 works, however.

Also, the kernel hangs if I try to use a SATA CDROM in AHCI mode on my
Asus board. I haven't gotten a kernel dump and I haven't been successful
getting kgdb over serial working but I'm still trying.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com