Subject: Re: i386 -current on Supermicro X7DAE
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2007 04:39:01
FedEx just delivered a new computer based on the X7DA8 (the SCSI version
of your board) yesterday afternoon so I'll setting it up over the next
several days.

According to your Xfree86 log:

"Unknown NVIDIA chip found"

What video card are you using?

I backported support for the newer Nvidia chipsets (I'm using a GeForce
7800 GS) from Xorg CVS into pkgsrc/x11/xorg-server last fall for my own
use. I'll send you my patch set if you're using an unsupported video card.

--
John R. Shannon, CISSP
Chief Scientist