Subject: Re: acpi functional porting
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2007 15:17:51
Alexander V. Butenko wrote:
> [...]

(no need to be arrogant here, if I may, because in my opinion NetBSD's
ACPI support is not trivial to confirm for a newcomer)

>>> Sure, NetBSD already has some feature implemented. But the ones that i
>>> wrote in my mail it doesnt have, as i see. At least acpi poweroff,acpi
>>> hardware monitoring and dock station detection.
>> Did you not see my earlier message? I don't know about dock station
>> detection, as I have never seen one, but the rest works.
>
> Nope. I dont saw.

There is a command line tool to show the current status of various such
detections: envstat -r.

> Can you show me the options which you have enabled in your config?
> is seems GENERIC.MPACPI doesnt provide such functional. my config is
> based on it

No other option should be necessary. I did not find many applications
aware of NetBSD's ACPI interface though, and had to patch a few myself
(wmapm, kismet for example).

HTH,
--
khorben