Subject: Re: Interest in Broadcom crypto cards?
To: None <tech-security@NetBSD.org, tech-embed@NetBSD.org,>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2007 23:04:27
> At one time, I was really keen on Broadcom and other crypto cards.
> However, personal computers have become so cheap and powerful, that I
> am able to get more than >2000 RSA private-key signatures with a RSA
> key having a 1024bit modulus, just on a cheap/basic 2GHz AMD64
> machine running NetBSD-amd64.

Where can I get such a machine for the prices Thor indicated for the
cards, in a form that can just plug into a PCI slot?  For the bonus
prize, add "and drawing no more than say 1.5× the power".

If I can't, then any of those aspects could be reason enough for
someone to want the crypto card instead of the "cheap/basic 2GHz AMD64
machine running NetBSD-amd64" you refer to.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign