Subject: Re: Kphone and DTMF
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2007 06:18:25
On Feb 17, 2007, at 1:29 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:

> I "recently" upgraded my kernel to 4.99.9, all of NetBSD userland
> too at the
> same time, and all of KDE to 3.5.6. I am not sure in what sequence and
> when things broke, since I don't realy use kphone with the need to
> send
> dtmf every day - but now, suddenly, kphone still works, but the
> dtmf are
> somehow broken (not recognized by the called machines).
>
> Google says this is an old kphone problem that has been fixed in
> 4.1.1 or
> something ;-) Too bad, since I'm aready using 4.2nb4.
>
> So: if you use kphone, could you please try to use it with some
> dtmf navigated
> service and tell me if it works for you?

I think this is more likely a kphone or provider specific problem
rather than a NetBSD problem.

In SIP, DTMF can either be in-band or out-of-band depending on either
your user agent (kphone) or provider (asterisk, or fwd, or vonage,
etc)..

Your provider may have changed codecs out from under you and in-band
really only works in the raw codecs (g.711 etc).  Don't know if
kphone supports out of band dtmf (INFO method or rfc2833).