Subject: Re: _simple_lock kernel panic while listing some procfs files
To: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2007 23:41:52
On Fri Feb 16 2007 at 19:53:32 +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 05:58:35PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
>
> > I just updated my -current NetBSD/amd64 a few minutes ago ... And
> > quickly hit a problem. I'm getting a kernel panic while trying to list
> > some files in /proc with this simple command :
> >
> > njoly@lanfeust [~]> sudo mount_procfs /proc /proc
> > njoly@lanfeust [~]> ls /proc/*/file
> > [..PANIC..]
>
> I can reproduce the crash. I believe that there may still be issues with
> Linux applications and /proc, also. I'll be looking into this tomorrow and
> will update the list with more as I have it.

This wasn't a newlock2 problem, but a problem with ktrace lwp.  I have
no idea why it was discovered only now.  Maybe it was earlier shadowed
by something, but at least I could repeat it on a pre-newlock2 kernel.

Nicolas:
Can you try procfs_vnops.c rev. 1.148 and see if there are any more
problems.  The logic between node validity for non-linux mounts and
linux mounts was quite strange.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/