Subject: Re: the path from nathanw_sa -> newlock2
To: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2007 20:01:59
On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 10:56:14AM -0800, Bucky Katz wrote:

> The whole point of our trying to get the patches into the CVS tree is to
> reduce the workload of having to continually reapply patches every
> time we pull a new CVS tree into our work environment. It takes me
> most of a day, once a month, to merge our work now. The more that goes
> into the tree we're working on, the less time that merge takes.

This may be an egg sucking demonstration but you _are_ importing the
NetBSD sources onto the vendor branch of your repository aren't you?
CVS should then be able to merge the updated NetBSD source with your
local changes - you will probably get some conflicts but most of it
should be automatic.

--
Brett Lymn