Subject: Re: the path from nathanw_sa -> newlock2
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2007 19:55:04
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:45:16 -0800
Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com> wrote:

> Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org> writes:
>
> > I feel I should point out that there is no "arm port maintainer".
> > The "port-arm-maintainer" email alias just points to all of the port
> > maintainers of the individual ARM-based ports.  I can't speak for
> > the rest of them, but the reason I didn't commit your patches is
> > that they lay a long way outside my area of competency.
>
> So http://netbsd.org/People/port-maintainers.html is a polite fiction,
> then?
>
> Perhaps that web page should be removed if there are no port
> maintainers.

The problem is that most maintainers are dead in the NetBSD land,
this is a problem we've been suffering for the past years.

And some people that could commit some patches are not qualified
to review or commit the changes, so the patches are waiting for long
time...

I don't know if things will change, but we are losing people for reasons
like this.

--
http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish