Subject: Re: the path from nathanw_sa -> newlock2
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2007 20:44:08
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, George Michaelson wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:19:55 -0800 (PST)
>> Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com> wrote:

>>> I'm sorry, I have no idea what core-angst you've had, because I'm not
>>> in core.
>>
>> Me neither. which is precisely why I am *begging* that we not spend
>> endless cycles of mail chasing down the minutes/non-minutes/decisions
>> of groups of people, here on current.
>>
>> no more from me on this.

I was asked in private email from George why I bother asking these
questions, and was told that George has been using BSD since 1982. So
have I. I felt it necessary to explain why I ask these questions.

One of the reasons I use NetBSD-current is to keep up with the current
thinking in practical operating systems. The other reason is to have a
usable operating system. For this reason, I don't take a blind-faith
approach to the decisions of -core, and from time-to-time I like to ask,
"Why." I'm sure they know better, but I'd like to know the reasons
nevertheless.

I'm sorry that George does not have this curiousity.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com