Subject: Re: the path from nathanw_sa -> newlock2
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2007 23:42:56
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 08:28:11PM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> Unfortunately, this is the only venue most of us have to ask these
> questions. I apologize for annoying you, but you can delete the emails
> from me if you feel that is necessary.

I think he just means that current-users is for technical issues related
to running -current, not for political issues.

netbsd-help or netbsd-advocacy might be more appropriate.

As I see it, it would take a whole lot more effort from groups like core to
come up with formal public statements than to have informal in-camera
discussions. Since people are appointed to core for mostly their
technical ability/sense, it wouldn't be a good use of their time.

That doesn't mean there's no possibility of getting more information on
specific decisions - in fact I've seen such posts on the lists before,
I'm certain.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods