Subject: newlock2 changes vs load
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2007 05:05:33
I'm presuming these are newlock2 changes.

Load calculations seem to be abnormally high with newlock2.
A machine which used to be at 0.3/0.4 is now around 3.3/3.4
when it really has nothing in the run queue (except whatever
program I use to check - e.g. ps)
Another 2cpu machine has gone from 3.1 to around 6.7

I haven't gone through all the kern_synch.c changes yet so
whether this is indicative of calculcations which need to be
updated or of too many items being counted when they're not
in cpu/run-queue, I do not know.  Maybe it'll be obvious
to someone else.

Regards,
Geoff