Subject: Re: Linux crosscompile problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/2007 23:21:09
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Christian Biere wrote:
> > It seems that le16dec is not defined on linux host (if that matters):
> Does the attached patch work for you? I'm not sure whether to check
> for __NetBSD__ or rather something else.

Checking for __NetBSD__ is the wrong thing, because cross builds from old
NetBSD won't work.

The tools/compat framework needs to learn about the
{be,le}{16,32}{enc,dec} functions, somehow.  Perhaps it could provide a
portable version of <sys/endian.h>.  Then the sources for makefs_cd9660
should include nbtool_config.h very early.

--apb (Alan Barrett)