Subject: wide curses testers wanted
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2007 21:56:12
Folks,

For those of you who like fun, adventure, excitement and maybe a
corrupted terminal display or two you may want to give the wide curses
code a try.

Currently, the wide curses code lives on the wcurses branch in CVS, I
encourage interested people to check out the source and build the
library - please note that when you install this library it will
overwrite your current curses libraries in /usr/lib so you may want to
back them up first.

Then try some applications that use wide characters and check that
things function as they should.  If they mess up then please post a
simple recipe for demonstrating the problem so we can try and track
down the bug.

At the moment we have one known bug - the cell offsets seem to change
when some colour manipulations are done, the changed text seems to get
offset by a cell or two leaving part of the old text behind.  I am
sure there are more bugs lurking about but we need help to flush them
out.

--
Brett Lymn