Subject: Re: Attention snapshot users
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2007 11:55:22
I was asked off-list to explain this a bit better:

The file system suspension API is responsible for the preparation of snapshots.
It stops all new operations on a file system, waits for current operations to
complete and then syncs the (now silent) file system to disk.

This API is kernel-only.

The only user-visible change is the removal of snapshot support for
non-ffs file systems.

--
Juergen Hannken-Illjes - hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de - TU Braunschweig (Germany)