Subject: Re: Data corruption issues possibly involving cgd(4)
To: Nino Dehne <ndehne@gmail.com>
From: Thilo Jeremias <jeremias@optushome.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2007 23:30:55
is  the changed checksum  always deterministicly the same?
Meaning is this a systematic error, or
(Where I would guess for drive/cable/power etc problems) is it always a
different checksum (I mean are there more than two checksums)

If it is deterministic, it probably just happens at a certain block, so
it might help then  to isolate the location where the fault is
to find the cause

--
my 5 cts'

good luck