Subject: Re: NFS export over IPv6
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2007 18:23:16
On Mon 15 Jan 2007 at 10:10:35 +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> Are you sure that you don't have a name resolution problem e.g. only
> the IPv4 names in "/etc/hosts"?

Ahhh thanks for the hint. I indeed have /etc/hosts listing several
hostnames as a fallback, but with only the IPv4 address. That was (is?)
occasionally needed during boot, before the name server is operational.
(I have the hosts file and dns data generated by one script, so they
tend to be consistent, but the IPv6 stuff isn't as well integrated into
the script).

I should try changing my nsswitch.conf from
    hosts:          files dns
    hosts:          dns files
and see if this has any adverse effects.

> Matthias Scheler                                  http://zhadum.org.uk/
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.