Subject: Re: postqueue: fatal: unable to determine open file limit
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/2007 19:25:47
On Friday 12 January 2007 12:37, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:
> While you get a "red" response, UUCP-based e-mail gateways go crazy in ma=
il
> loops, with non-rare message loss.

OK, you win. :P

Admittedly, removing error checking was trivial.

> But the worst, as far as I can tell, is that it breaks out-of-the-box
> things that have always worked.
>
> I cannot test it right now, because my UUCP gateways have been reverted to
> stable configurations and brought to production. =C2=A0If anyone will sub=
mit a
> PR, I'll be gald to add I information I've collected about the problem --
> as far as I can remember it.

I don't think that will be necessary. See thread 'setrlimit seems to have=20
changed: breaks pkgsrc/net/tor'.

Elad is about one reply off committing a change that should stop this from=
=20
happening. They are just debating over the semantics of how the patch will=
=20
fix the problem and whether it's the correct way to do it.

Seeing as it deals with something as fundamental as controlling resource=20
limits, I guess they want to get it right rather just get it going.

Sarton