Subject: Re: memtestplus on amd64 (was: LFS and big files)
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2007 21:08:32
On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 01:40:43PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> > I'm not sure how to adjust the timings, but this is a single pair of
> > 1GB DDR-400 dual-channel RAM modules, so not exactly inexpensive to
> > replace.

They may have a manufacturer guarantee - if from one of the big boys.

> Generally under something like "advanced settings" in the BIOS.

The memtest program I played with had its own memory timing configuration.
It didn't really match the options the BIOS gave either (I couldn't tie
all the TLAs together).  Some of the options gave significantly better
performance without failing any of the tests.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk