Subject: Re: firefox-triggered crashes on -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2007 18:51:31
On Wed Jan 03 2007 at 11:51:37 +0200, Antti Kantee wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing panics on recent -current (ca. Dec 29) when running
> firefox?  I can trigger it in a matter of minutes.  Kernel from Dec 11 is
> solid.  I suspect (without any real evidence) linux compat and/or threads
> to be the cause.  Userland is from end of November, should that ring any
> bells to anyone.

The dates above are incorrect, I'd compiled a kernel with some local
patches on the 11th.  Currently I've narrowed it down to 20061208 works
and 20061210 cvs checkout fails.  So it smells a bit like the vnode lookup
locking changes.  I'll try to get it narrowed down even further, it's
just that I can repeat this only on my desktop, so it takes some time.

I'm surprised that no one else is seeing this.  By using a kernel
compiled from a clean tree I can trigger it in under a minute of using
firefox-bin 1.5.0.6.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/