Subject: RE: memtestplus on amd64 (was: LFS and big files)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2007 07:09:58
Just wanted to let you all know, memtestplus v1.65 is
booted and running just fine on my amd64 X2 system!
I just built it on my i386 box and copied the exectuable
over to the amd64 machine.

Now, for a couple of comments:

In the results section, it seems that each address is
listed only the first time it is encountered.  The list
entry contains a test #, but even if more errors at the
same address are found in subsequent tests, only the
first test is listed for that address.  It's a bit
misleading
IMHO.

And, since I obviously found a memory error, that
leads to a question.  If only a limited number of
memory errors is found, is there any (fairly painless)
way to make NetBSD skip that address?  It's pretty
painful on the wallet to replace 2GB of DDR-400
just because of a single error location!  :)

Check your Email accounts at MyEmail.com

Login from home, work, school.  Anywhere!