Subject: Re: IPod Shuffle (second generation) -- any success with NetBSD?
To: Brian Buhrow <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/2006 21:12:13
On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 06:24:07PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	I'm reasonably sure these two anomolies are related, and have
> something to do with the way the NetBSD USB stack is probing the device,
> but I'm unclear how to proceed in terms of the most efficient way to debug
> the problem.  Should I just turn on USB_DEBUG and see what happens?

Yes, that would probably be a good start.

> If it's any help, trying to write to the device, i.e. with  fdisk, causes
> the writing process to hang in physio.

If it is any help, that is not how you load music onto the devices
anyway.  To load up the devices with music you need to use something
like gtkpod which I don't think is in pkgsrc (it wasn't when I last
looked) but all the dependencies it requires are there so there is not
much fiddling involved to get it running.  I was able to load up one
of the "old" 512Mb shuffles with NetBSD and gtkpod.

Brett Lymn