Subject: Re: Complete lockup when doing install
To: None <>
From: Jukka Salmi <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2006 16:52:06
Johan Wall=E9n --> current-users (2006-12-12 16:02:03 +0200):
> Hello,
> with yesterday's sources (11 Dec 21:26 UTC), ` install', the
> machine locks up completely (no reaction to caps lock, ping or
> anything similar within 3 hours) after printing `copying set base' (in
> awk?).  The lockup is reproducible for me: with a generic kernel +
> DIAGNOSTIC + DEBUG built from yesterday's sources, userland from
> around 2 Dec, and a newly built toolchain, ` install' always
> locks up the machine.  This is on macppc; root is FFS and /usr is LFS.

Maybe this is related to the problem I [1]reported two days ago?

> Any ideas how to figure out where it locks up?

Are you running X when the system locks up? If yes, you probably don't
see whether it drops into ddb or not. Type `sync' and watch your hd
led... After reboot examine the crash dump to see what happened.

HTH, Jukka

bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~