Subject: Re: How to read a crash file?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/2006 10:37:04
Hi,

Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I've put some information on this into my NetBSD blog a few days ago, see
> <http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html/nb_20061115_0123.html>:
>
> ``Post mortem debugging, or: what happened before it crashed?
[...]
> Some examples:
[...]
>     * Attach the GNU debugger gdb(1) to the system crash dumpQ, to poke
>       around deeply:
>
>       % gdb netbsd.26
>       (gdb) target kcore netbsd.26.core

Hmm, this seems to be working only with gdb 5.3. How can I do this
with -current's gdb 6.5?

gdb netbsd.1
GNU gdb 6.5
[...]
(gdb) target kcore netbsd.1.core
Undefined target command: "kcore netbsd.1.core".  Try "help target".
(gdb) help target
[...]
target async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target child -- Unix child process (started by the "run" command)
target core -- Use a core file as a target
target exec -- Use an executable file as a target
target extended-async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target extended-remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target kvm -- Use a kernel virtual memory image as a target
target remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
[...]

Regards, Jukka

--
If fifty million people say a foolish thing,
it is still a foolish thing.

	Anatole France