Subject: Re: LFS related crash
To: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2006 12:19:20
I'm also glad that I can rule out my custom kernel as well. ;)

Honestly, if this issue and the layered fs issues could be solved,
that would be a great boon for LFS in 4.0, obviously.

I have often wondered to what extent the fact that I run a
MULTIPROCESSOR kernel has to do with my LFS crashes, considering more
work has to be done in that area, IIRC.  At least the source of most
of my crashes doesn't seem to be that ...

I wish I still had my coredump from that crash so I could submit a
backtrace along with the PR; I guess I'll build a new kernel with a
full symbol table again.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":