Subject: Re: Athlon 64 X2 is "Unknown"
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2006 15:18:55
On 12/6/06, Bernhard Moellemann <zza@serpens.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My dual core Athlon X2 64 is "identified" as
> "AMD Unknown K7 (Athlon) (686-class)". How can I fix this?

I'm not sure that there's anything ``broken''.
Of course, I suppose code to identify those CPUs could be added, but I
doubt it has any impact on the functionality of the i386 port.

If you want to fully take advantage of what your processor has to
offer, run the amd64 port and/or compile the system and your software
with -march=k8.  See devel/cpuflags, gcc(1).

Regards,

--Blair
--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":