Subject: Re: Ideas on un-breaking an LFS partition?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2006 15:11:27
--+OcHDfVcPO70+1iC

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:38:39AM -0800, Scott Ellis wrote:
> Actually, I was looking for a useful responses (such as a pointer to an
> 'fsdb' equivalent that understands LFS) rather than a smart-ass one.  Gue=
ss
> I should have been more clear.=20

No such *_lfs iplementations exist, so Jonathan is about all you've
got, unless you'd care to write them. Because of the file system's
symantics, many of those logical tools are... non-trivial to apply.

I'm surprised by the implication that fsck_lfs(8) actually does
something these days. Last I heard it was good mostly for breaking
things.

Perhaps lfs_cleanerd(8)'s -d flag is what you're after, at least to
see what's broken? (It'd be a Good Idea not to have a daemonized
lfs_cleanerd running at the same time, of course.)

Without some more information regarding what's actually wrong with
your LFS partition, it's pretty hard for anybody to suggest ways to
fix it.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net