Subject: wedges and hotplugging
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2006 02:54:09
Let's say that I'm using wedges and I want to use USB flash drives and
a USB CF card reader.  If I boot the machine with any cards or flash
drives connected, it screws up the order in which wedges are
autoconfigured.  Does anyone know how I could work around this?  I
looked at the gpt tool, but I am not comfortable enough with
it--especially considering the cautionary note in the manpage--to use
this now without some instruction.  Moreover, I do not know if it
would even help me with this issue. :)

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":