Subject: Re: problem with stack protector changes
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Greg Troxel <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2006 08:48:43 (Christos Zoulas) writes:

> In article <>,
> Geoff Wing  <> wrote:
>>src/gnu/dist/gcc4/gcc/gcc.c has (with TARGET_LIBC_PROVIDES_SSP defined):
>>#define LINK_SSP_SPEC
>>"%{fstack-protector|fstack-protector-all:-lssp_nonshared -lssp}"
>>so we need libssp_nonshared.* somewhere or the line changed if the
>>functionality is provided anyway.
> No, make sure you rebuild the compiler.

I am also having this problem.  I would appreciate it if you could be
more precise.  Do you mean rebuild the host (cross) compiler, or the
target system compiler?  I'm guessing target.

I think this should be in UPDATING, although really this is a more
subtle issue of " -u", rather than the system update.  It
seems there is a missing dependency of the target gcc on ssp files.