Subject: Re: puffs - Pass-to-Userspace Framework File System
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2006 03:43:21
I just added documentation for creating your own file systems into the
tree... actually, I think the code is out-of-sync with the documentation
now, but I'll be fixing that tomorrow (I wonder if that's a first... ?).

I'm especially interested in knowing how the userspace interface sucks
for whatever you are trying to accomplish so that I can make it better.
One of the top goals is to facilitate *easy* and verifiably correct file
system creation.

Intermediate stability report: I've been running my laptop lately
with puffs:dtfs as /dev, /tmp and /usr/bin and haven't had problems.
This is of course not to say that the system will not fail if you try to
implement a new weird and wonderous file system, so once again consider
yourself warned ;)

happy hacking

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD