Subject: Re: netbsd acpi and umass
To: Alexander V. Butenko <>
From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2006 20:26:37

Alexander V. Butenko wrote:
> I'm using binary snapshots of a -current.
> ~$ uname -a
> NetBSD ds 4.0_BETA NetBSD 4.0_BETA (GENERIC.MPACPI) #0: Tue Oct  3
> 18:37:34 UTC 2006
> i386

That's not a -current but a 4.0 beta; anyways, compile your own kernel
based on a GENERIC (not GENERIC.MPACPI, there might be issues there),
with all sorts of ACPI devices enabled.

> dmesg.boot is attached

Next time, please don't gzip something this small :). It looks okay, but
it might be that the MP related part or the ioapic is playing tricks
with you. As I said above, please try a slightly modified GENERIC kernel.

         Thomas E. Spanjaard

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)