Subject: Re: Build of tools fails since sha1.h moved
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: None <nbc061030@cuthberts.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2006 04:07:20
tron@zhadum.org.uk wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:42:08PM +0000, nbc061030@cuthberts.org.uk wrote:
> > ===> build.sh command: ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u tools
>
> Could you try with "-u", please?

Thanks Matthias, that was the issue.  Repeating *without* -u makes it work.

By the way, I also found that the toolchain build will fail if the directory name containing build.sh contains a dot.  That is, if you do "cd /usr; mv src src.was; cd src.was; ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U tools", it fails.  I have not recorded the exact failure, but can do so if anyone is interested.  In essence, some part of the build process derives a pathname of /usr/src./stuff, which of course fails. In general, I feel it's best if a build process is insensitive to the pathname of the build directory.

Thanks and regards,
      -- John