Subject: Re: help!!one big bug!
To: hai opendarwin <hai.opendarwin@gmail.com>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2006 01:05:03
On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 11:30:22AM +0800, hai opendarwin wrote:
> in kde3.5.3 for x-destop ,kmail can't send mail.only can look mail.
>
> When I try to send I get the following error message

> Sending failed:
> Authorization failed, An error occured during authentication:
> SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found authentication
> not supported
> The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
> problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the
> 'outbox' folder.
> The following transport protocol was used: gmx

> the following soft installed
>
> cyrus-sasl-2.1.21

That's not quite enough info to figure out what you've got wrong
with your setup.  You're probably going to need to provide a bit more
detail, but just as a wild guess, you probably don't have a smtpd.conf
file (or perhaps it should be called Sendmail.conf) in /usr/pkg/lib/sasl.
As an example, mine contains:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5

Also, you've got "opendarwin" in the email you are using.  Is that
a coincidence, or are you perhaps posting to a mailing list for
the wrong OS?

eric