Subject: Re: puffs - Pass-to-Userspace Framework File System
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/2006 16:29:10
Hej Antti,

I tried puffs and played around with dtfs. I extracted base.tgz.
It took 53s on contrast to 8s on tmpfs. It seems a bit slow, but
it can do union_mount's, what makes it very interesting for LiveCDs,
that could be mounted rw. Tmpfs can't do that (yet.)

# mount
/dev/wd0a on / type lfs (local)
ptyfs on /dev/pts type ptyfs (local)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (local)