Subject: Re: Help with HP NX6310
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/2006 12:49:58
On 10/21/06, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 05:32:29PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > >With boot -c, did you try to disable only npx at acpi ? You need to
> > >use list and disable the device number instead of name for this.
> > >Maybe it's just the ACPI attachement which is a problem.
> >
> > I have indeed disabled the name, not the number. I will try it later
> > on an external USB disk (I got for now FreeBSD6.2beta running (but
> > with no sound and using the Atheros WiFi card; )
> >
> > I doubt there will be any difference, as the config file already has
> > 'no npx on isa', but we'll see.
>
> In this case you'll probably need a custom kernel, without npx at acpi,
> and including other npx devices

I've tried maybe about 10 different concoctions of GENERIC_MPACPI.
Presently I switched to native SATA mode and am using -current off
external USB2 disk. (as the dmesg's included earlier show, it appears
not to be supported still in -current, whereas freebsd 6.2b deals with
it).

The test with boot -c, then disabling the number (happened to be 311
under -current GENERIC_MPACPI) did not show any difference - because
that's where npx attaches to - the ACPI. the fact that there is still
npx on isa in the kernel does not make any difference - it boots,
shows two CPUs, but floating point is not available and the system is
not usable.

> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>      NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

Chavdar