Subject: piixide has problems with Intel 6300ESB sata under -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2006 08:28:18
--------------enigAFAC49C96B2C7B377EEFF486

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot longer to work on this before I have
to put this machine into production, but I just got some new boxes with
SuperMicro motherboards, and while things seem to work mostly-OK under
3.1_RC3, under -current (and 4.0_BETA), the disks aren't found.  Anyone
know where I should start looking, or better yet, have seen the problem?

I see this under -current from yesterday:

piixide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2
piixide0: Intel 6300ESB Serial ATA Controller (rev. 0x02)
piixide0: bus-master DMA support present
piixide0: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
piixide0: using irq 11 for native-PCI interrupt
piixide0: couldn't map primary channel ctl regs
piixide0: secondary channel configured to native-PCI mode
piixide0: couldn't map secondary channel ctl regs

=2E..and this under 3.1_RC3:

piixide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2
piixide0: Intel 6300ESB Serial ATA Controller (rev. 0x02)
piixide0: bus-master DMA support present
piixide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
piixide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
atabus0 at piixide0 channel 0
piixide0: secondary channel configured to compatibility mode
piixide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
atabus1 at piixide0 channel 1

So, the main difference I see is "compatibility mode" vs "native-PCI"
mode.  Is this an interrupt issue?  For the record, I tried both GENERIC
and GENERIC.MPACPI from -current;  the messages were slightly different,
but they both failed.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
+j