Subject: Re: Help with HP NX6310
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2006 16:26:52
On 10/18/06, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com> wrote:
> This all is being done under fresh -current, although the main problem
> The BroadCom BCM4401-B0 (bce) started to work OK
> after I included bmtphy in the GENERIC_LAPTOP configuration. The sound
> (azalia) also shows, but I still haven't tested any of it.

The gremlin with the BroadCom appeared again - funny enough after I
booted into Windows XP to check if the sound was on. Now I am getting

bce0: timeout disabling ethernet mac
bce0: timeout writing pkt filter ctl

when I try to up it again. It is probably an interrupt routing problem
- azalia0. wpi0 uhci1 and bce0 all use irq11.

The sound worked after I increased the volume with

mixerctl -w outputs.hp=200

but only to the external output - couldn't figure out how to switch it
to the speaker (not that I will actually *use* the speaker, but there
you are).