Subject: Re: more fallout from unused changes
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/2006 15:50:55
Geoff Wing wrote:
> +#else
> +	do { if (&l || &retval) {} } while (/* CONSTCOND */ 0); /* shut up -Wunused */
>  #endif /* USER_LDT */

Wow, that's really ugly. I thought that construct was meant to be part
of a macro or static inline functions possibly. What are you going to
do if you favourite compiler starts warning about that too because it
has become smarter or more pedantic? It'll take a complicated script or
rather manual work to patch all this then.

Further, what's the problem with this:

  (void) l;
  (void) retval;

Alsom I don't know whether it matters but the GCC documentation says,
that a variable will not be optimized once its address is used.

--
Christian