Subject: Default 'login.conf' in new installs?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2006 14:24:01
So, I remember reading that NetBSD has "login.conf" these days.  On a new
install, I was going to go edit some of the defaults, and I noticed there
wasn't any such file.

Checking man pages confirms we use it if it exists.

Why not have a likely default with some illustrations?  BSD/OS used to do
this, and gave some useful examples such as "different default path for
system accounts" and "different default limits".  This kind of thing is a good
tool for admins, and I think more people would be aware of it, and getting
benefit from it, if we provided a simple sample file.

If there's interest, I'll write one up and submit patches to attach it to
a default install.

-s