Subject: eap recording broken?
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2006 20:14:59
Hello,

I'm trying to bring a -current system into production use.  One of
the problems I'm seeing is that recording from Ensoniq AudioPCI
card produces 8 wrong samples at regular intervals which generates
a ticking background noise in the recorded audio.  The samples
seem to be part of the recorded audio signal, they just come from
a wrong place.  The number of wrong samples always seems to be 8.

I recorded a 1 kHz size wave which makes the problem clearly visible:

http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/samples.gif

The same audio card worked just fine under NetBSD 2.0, but causes
this problem under -current.  The computer is not the same one, though.

The problem does _not_ occur with auich audio on the same computer
with the same software.  This is an amd64 system running i386 port.

auich0 at pci0 dev 4 function 0: nForce4 AC-97 Audio
auich0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 22 (irq 5)
auich0: ac97: Avance Logic ALC655 codec; no 3D stereo
auich0: ac97: ext id 9c4<AC97_23,LDAC,SDAC,CDAC,SPDIF>
audio0 at auich0: full duplex, independent

ap0 at pci1 dev 10 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI (rev. 0x01)
eap0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17 (irq 11)
audio1 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
midi1 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART

Is eap driver working well on other systems?

Thanks,

  -jm