Subject: debugging azalia sound routing
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/2006 15:10:53
The macbook pro and the intel-based mac mini both use "azalia" sound hardware.

Both don't make any sound under NetBSD.

Both are subject to driver "fixes" for Linux, which appear to both involve
rerouting sound, and doing something special and magical which applies only
on the Mac hardware to control a special hardware mute feature, possibly
related to their controls for internal vs. external speakers.

Has anyone gotten them running before?  I would like to fix this up, but I
am pretty sure I am in over my head.  No kernel panics or anything, just no
sound yet.

-s