Subject: UFS CD-ROMs do not mount, but images of them do
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <Henry.Bent@oberlin.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/2006 10:52:00
Hi all,

I have several CDs here with old-style UFS filesystems on them rather
than ISO9660.  When I try and mount them directly (either partition,
specifically using mount_ffs), it fails with a standard "incorrect super
block" error.  If I create diskimages of them and mount those using vnd,
it works and I can correctly see and access data.

I am running -current from late August.

disklabel cd0:
4 partitions:
#        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize cpg/sgs]
  a:   1251208         0     4.2BSD      0     0     0  # (Cyl.      0 -
  12512+)
  d:   1251208         0    ISO9660       0             # (Cyl.      0 -
  12512+)
disklabel: boot block size 0
disklabel: super block size 0
disklabel: partition a: partition extends past end of unit
disklabel: partitions a and d overlap
disklabel: partition d: partition extends past end of unit

What else should I try?  I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.

-Henry Bent
Oberlin College CIT