Subject: Re: binary-only code is evil
To: NetBSD-current Users's Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2006 11:17:45
On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, Chapman Flack wrote:
> How would you approach, for example, the Atheros HAL? We understand
> the vendor's obligations to the FCC.

I don't think we do understand the vendor's obligations to the FCC.
We might understand what the vendor claims are their obligations, but
that's not the same thing.

Some other views, found by searching the NetBSD list archives for "FCC
Atheros"):

tech-kern in late August 2003, subject "Binary only drivers in sys?":