Subject: can't mount a umass device.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2006 18:11:06
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone, particularly with usb experience can help me.
I am trying to mount a new 5th generation ipod but the 3.0 code is not coping.
I see on console:

umass0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Apple iPod, rev 2.00/0.02, addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <Apple, iPod, 1.62> disk removable
sd0: fabricating a geometry
sd0: 7153 MB, 7153 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 14651280 sectors

It's a 30gig so the fabricated or detected geometry is incorrect and it
won't mount at all. Disklabel and fdisk all hang.

A couple of us are completely stumped and have no idea which way to
turn.

Surely a kernel guy /  usb guru would have some advice on this?

thanks,
Paul .

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology