Subject: Re: ifconfig(8) panic when configuring ral0
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Nino Dehne <ndehne@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/2006 14:48:49
On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 12:27:00PM +0100, Rui Paulo wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2006, at 9:18 AM, Nino Dehne wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >on a recent -current using a GENERIC kernel, ifconfig panics when
> >doing
> >
> ># ifconfig ral0 up
> >
> >with (typing by hand):
> >
> >uvm_fault(0xcad4a700, 0, 1) -> 0xe
> >kernel: supervisor trap page fault, code=0
> >Stopped in pid 150.1 (ifconfig) at      netbsd:kauth_cred_ngroups
> >+0x6:  movl 0x20(%eax),%eax
> >

> What is the backtrace?

It can't dump because I'm running via NFS root (which seems to be exactly
the problem):

db> bt
kauth_cred_ngroups( )[1] [...]+0xd [2]
nfs_request( ) [...]+0xf7
nfs_getattr( ) [...]+0x110
VOP_GETATTR( ) [...]+0x2f
firmware_open( ) [...]+0x111
rt2661_init( ) [...]+0x571
ieee80211_ioctl( ) [...]+0x47b
rt2661_ioctl( ) [...]+0x4f
in6_update_ifa( ) [...]+0x0x5ab
in6_if_up( ) [...]+0x5b
ifioctl( ) [...]+0x1e7
sys_ioctl( ) [...]+0x15a
syscall_plain() [...]+0xae
--- syscall (number 54) ---
0xbbbb89f7:
db>

If you need all the hex, I can type it from the screen. I hope it's useful
anyway.

Best regards,

ND

[1] I naively assume that a lot of hex codes are not much use in order to save
myself some typing. I hope that's OK.
[2] This is always "at netbsd:" plus the function name from the beginning of
the line. Again, saving myself some typing.