Subject: Re: Building NetBSD 4.99.2 Broken ... :(
To: KlinT <klint@klintcentral.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/2006 09:56:49
--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 03:56:33PM +0200, KlinT wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Thanks for such a quick answer ...
>=20
> Le 20 sept. 06 ? 15:26, Thomas E. Spanjaard a ?crit :
>=20
> >I think that's unrelated. Read the log message. Uebayashi's patch =20
> >does fix things, though: see =20
> >20060920.191421.104033642.uebayasi@brains.co.jp.
>=20
> This is an EMail adress ... Not a link :(

Actually, it's not an EMail address. You're right it's not a link.

It's a message ID.

If you look at the headers in the message you sent, you'll find:

The Message-Id: line gives an ID to your message.=20

Your mail system generates different message IDs than uebayasi's sytem=20
did, so they look a little different. Yours uses lots of hex, brains.co.jp=
=20
uses decimal. But it all serves the same purpose.

The advantage of using a message ID from an EMail for identifying the=20
EMail is that it is a unique property of the message. Regardless of the=20
system that archives the EMail, the message ID stays the same. So you can=
=20
always find the right message.

Take care,

Bill