Subject: sysinst not working
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/2006 17:02:58
Hi,

I haven't used sysinst about a year, and I don't know if it is still
supposed to work. In case it is: I just failed to install a NetBSD/i386
system using sysinst:

At first I tried to configure the network using "Utility menu ->
Configure network". Sysinst terminated because dhclient failed to
create /etc/dhclnt.pid, /etc/dhclient.leases and /etc/resolv.conf;
/etc was mounted r/o. BTW, it reported `dhclient.c(2077): null pointer'.

I started sysinst again and skipped network configuration. After I
entered a disk name (prompt: "Please enter a name for your NetBSD disk
[...]: ) sysinst terminated again, complaining "Could not open
/etc/disktab". Indeed there was no such file.

Any hints?

TIA, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: